Counting On Joy


Picture Taken By Me

Today I Am Grateful For:

1. Beautiful Flowers
2. Birds Singing
3. Taking Chances
4. Love, Joy and Peace
5. Yesterday & Today

My niece sent this poem to me via email. I'm not sure who wrote it, but I truly loved it and wanted to share it with y'all.

I Promise Myself
To be so strong that nothing can disturb my peace of mind.
To talk health, happiness, and prosperity to every person I meet.
To make all my friends feel that there is something worthwhile in them.
To look at the sunny side of everything, and make my optimism come true.
To think only of the best, to work only for the best and to expect only the best.
To be just as enthusiastic about the success of others as I am about my own.
To forget the mistakes of the past and press on to the greater achievements of the future.
To wear a cheerful expression at all times and give a smile to every living creature I meet.
To give so much time to improving myself that I have no time to criticize others.
To be too large for worry, too noble for anger, too strong for fear, and too happy to permit the presence of trouble.
To think well of myself and to proclaim this fact to the world, not in loud words, but in great deeds.
To live in the faith that the whole world is on my side, so long as I am true to the best that is in me.

Sharing a page from my joy book (journal). the idea to keep a joy book came from Jan @ Awake is Good. Writing about the positives seem to always erase the negatives. :)

15 comments:

  1. What a talented niece!!! Beautiful!

    Can I copy you and do a joy book?

    Wanted to let you know I sent a package out to your Aunt yesterday, it should get there Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the poem. And really love the idea of the journal, like you made it. And keep taking those pictures ...

    cameras teach how to see the world. joy is a filter through which we view our surroundings and life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful hon!!! I love doing a bliss/joy book - Love yours, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was wonderful to read, Tabitha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How wonderful! Much joy to you today...keep choosing your bliss :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey honey stopped in Georgia KOA girl I can smell home I am so close. Can't wait to get there but miss them babies bad.

    beautiful flower and lovely poem

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, just stopping through to share some blog love. Be sure to stop by my blog I left a little something special for you! Have a blessed weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much for sharing a part of your journal, and for the wonderful and uplifting poem.

    ReplyDelete
  9. to think only of the best, ..God keeps speaking to my heart..'love believes the best, love believes the best'...I loved your statement here..

    I've been journaling for years...and your so right,,Writing about the positives seem to always erase the negatives. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Tabitha,

    That is a beautiful poem and totally lifted my spirits today, so thank you so much for sharing it!

    I really like the idea of a joy book. I have my own gratitude journal in which I write down things to be grateful for. When I'm in a state of gratitude, nothing can bring me down!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the ideal of your journal...what a lovely thing to pass on to your daughter! xo :)

    Does she do one as well?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank your niece for the poem. I think I will print it off and live it this week. I'll take note of what's difficult and improve the next week on those.

    Also your journal looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Tabitha, this is such a beautiful post! Thank you for sharing the wonderful poem...but more importantly to me, your joy book! I think it's so incredibly vital to take the time to acknowledge these little blessings in our lives... more often than not, that makes way for even MORE blessings. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just printed that piece to read regularly. Thanks for sharing & be blessed.
    LJ

    ReplyDelete

You bless me with your presence! Tabitha♥

Total Pageviews