Day 17 - Pledge of Peace

"Meditation is not a way to enlightenment, Nor is it a method of achieving anything at all. It is peace itself. It is the actualization of wisdom, The ultimate truth of the oneness of all things."
- Dogen

Meditation has been a true life saver since starting it.  I have serious issues with my lungs and meditating has strengthened my breathing.  I am a very visual person.  When I meditate I ALWAYS visualize God and I together.  Of course I can never see his face nor specifics, but I know it's Him.  A beautiful, soft light always surrounds him.  We are always sitting together on a balcony that overlooks the most gorgeous view I've ever seen in my life.  The greenest grass, extraordinary flowers and huge trees that reach the Heavens.  For 20 minutes as my meditation music plays I visualize meeting with Him on that balcony and I talk/pray to Him.  Afterward, I am always extremely relaxed and I can see things clearer.  I also feel this tremendous amount of love within my room and know I am not alone.

This weekend I colored, doodled and loved on myself in great detail.  I wish I would have done this years ago, but better late than never!  I'm letting go of the people pleasing side of me and am embracing the notion of pleasing myself by loving who I am.  And I'm truly loving the idea of taking care of me.  I hadn't for so long!

Today's intentions: meditate, read and enjoy each and every moment of the day.

Today's Kind Act: Today I'm going to remind myself just why I deserve to be loved by myself.  I'm going to express gratitude by writing 5 things about myself I'm grateful for.

Can you share 5 things about yourself you're grateful for?  I bet you can!

7 comments:

  1. I am currently in week 3 of an 8 week mindfulness living course, and so have recently begun meditating regularly. What a renewal! The breathing ~ it helps my insomnia by helping me fall asleep. Wishing you a wonderful, peace-filled week. Be good to yourself and keep making art!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep on loving on yourself sister, you are worthy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you are doing this. AND yes I think getting rid of the people pleaser and pleasing yourself is great strides. I am under the weather with an abscessed tooth, but I still can make a list of five...absolutely for sure, your on that list. take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tabitha,

    I love those intimate moments where we can just take the time and be alone with God, it's to be treasured thats for sure.

    Five things, hmmm:
    1. I love reading and God has blessed me with the opportunity to review books for FREE!

    2. I love writing so I can share my feelings and thoughts to encourage and motivate others through my blogs.

    3. I love gardening and seeing God's hand in everything that grows in my garden.

    4. I love my amazing family and all the blessings that they bring to my life when I take it too serious.

    5. I love my furry kittens who remind me to slow down and enjoy the simple things in life like a nap in a sunny place.


    Love and Hugs ~ Kat

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are like me in the people pleasing department. It can wear you down. I am learning to put limits on this side of me and realize that I cannot do all and be all for everyone all of the time. I, too, am learning to meditate but can only do it in short bursts. I call it my blissful moments.

    I am just grateful for the act of breathing and the safety of my children everyday! Great post :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a wonderful post! I can visualize your time with the Lord. How beautiful Tabitha! Hallelujah!

    5 things about myself I am grateful for?

    I am grateful that I have eyes to see. I can enjoy the nature God created and the faces of my loved ones.

    I am grateful that I can ears that can hear the beautiful sounds around me.

    I am grateful that I can dress and feed myself. Trust me, I don't take this for granted.

    I am grateful that I can praise my God.

    I am grateful for the Internet and the ability to blog and share my heart.

    God bless you. Have a wonderful evening!
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sending you healing thoughts and blessings. I read your comments about meditation just as I've been thinking about practicing meditation again. Just saw a video by Deepak Chopra on Dr Oz's website and it inspired me to revisit meditation. Thanks for sharing. -Rebecca

    ReplyDelete

You bless me with your presence! Tabitha♥

Total Pageviews