Day 22 - Pledge of Peace

With this journey I have come to see that I put myself last.  I focus so much on my hubby and daughter (especially her).  But, listening to Chip Ingram the other day I had to stop and ask God "had I made them idols in my life?"  I didn't hear an answer, but everything inside of me shouted YES.  I truly see how this happened and I now see even more so why He placed this 31 day journey upon my heart.  He needed to FREE me from this behavior!

I LOVE my daughter (she's a blessing) and I love my husband, but not only did I put them above me I placed them above God. Whoa!  What a revelation!  I listened to my heart and it gave me a guideline.  It said the line of priority should be God, Me, and then My family.  I'm truly getting this and I never want God to feel as if He comes last in my life.  I surrender to Him daily, because I know my way was indeed the wrong way.

Today's Intention: I intend to re-organize my home (nephew has left and I wish to re-energize our living space)

Today's Kind Act: The gift of taking it slow.  And I'll buy myself a pack of awesome ink pens (been collecting since I was 11)

4 comments:

  1. Tabitha,
    I stop and think every time I read your blog. You write about things I have been pondering and you give me a different perspective on things. I do appreciate all you do. You and your family are in my prayers. Thanks and I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tabitha,

    I noticed this in my morning prayer to God and handed over everything to Him. I dedicated and committed everything I own to Him.

    Love and Hugs ~ Kat

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I could remember what I wrote yesterday. There must have been a glitch in blogger because it never showed up. {sigh} Oh well, I'm sure it was good.

    Good for you to recognize the things that you need to work on and to change. Many people need to follow your example.

    ReplyDelete

You bless me with your presence! Tabitha♥

Total Pageviews