It's Our Anniversary!!



17 years ago Today I first felt the call to "Make A Difference" in the lives of others. I started by getting my family, neighbors and friends to donate clothing and can goods to local homeless shelters in New Orleans. It was an off and on battle, because my heart was in it 100%, but that was not the case for everyone else. On this day in 2007 after being inspired through a friend I made a life changing decision. I would NEVER again allow the behavior of others to determine what my destiny would be. On October 1, 2007 with the support and contributions of my husband and daughter we formed "A FiveOh4 Uplifting." Within these past 2 years we've delivered and mailed over 8,000 goody bags. We've even been blessed to send goody bags to children in South Africa! Although, finances are rough for everyone we have been blessed to have a handful of dedicated, loyal and loving supporters. Our family ministry is here to stay! We (as a family) have made an oath that no matter what happens in this world WE will do whatever we Humanly Can to ALWAYS uplift those in need. What a joyous ride we are on!

October 1st is a very significant date for me. Not just because of our ministry, but also because today I celebrate my 1 year BLOG anniversary for "I Choose Bliss!" This blog and all of you have played a huge part in my growth over these past 365 days. I have been encouraged, inspired and I often feel loved. Because of your support and kindness I felt the courage to create the podcast to this blog. I love logging on and knowing you all will be here to share my ups and downs with me.



To celebrate I am giving away one of these gorgeous magnets created by Julia Da Rocha of PozArt! I have picked a number and the person leaving a comment on the number I've chosen will be the lucky winner of this beautiful magnet! To qualify and win an extra gift please visit Afiveoh4uplifting.org and leave a word of congratulations there for my family! (Same rule applies)

21 comments:

  1. Yay! Congratulations Tabitha and Family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeaaaahhhhhhh CONGRATULATIONS!!!

    God bless,

    Sarah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tabitha! What a wonderful day today is! Congratulations on the anniversary of AfiveOh4.....and your blog.

    I feel so blessed to have found my way to your site...and to count you among my blogging friends!
    You most certainly are making a difference every day!

    Have a great day -- and again, CONGRATS!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dearest Tabitha,
    Happy birthday!!! This is a milestone for you and I am happy to celebrate it with you. Your work is such a gift to the world! It reminds me of the quote by Mother Teresa. "We can do no great things. Just small things with great love." I love all the LOVE you give to others so generously. Blessings for another glorious year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your anniversary. Tabitha you are truly an Angel sent from above You do so much for others. May you and your Project continue in the blessings you distribute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. There is much to be celebrated on this beautiful blog. Congratulations, my dear friend. I send you vibrant thoughts, for continued love and success.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your first-year bloggie anniversary!

    I'm looking forward to many more years of your delightful posts!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are an amazing woman! Keep up the great work and congrats!

    I just gave you an award so please stop by my blog and pick it up!
    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yaya: U make us smile!!

    Sarah Lulu: Thank You Thank You!

    Lauren: I am honored to be your friend! You are such an inspiration to me! Thanks U!

    Janice: Thank U So Very Much!!

    Darsden: My heart is so full of joy right now. Thank U Always!!

    Christina: Your words warm my heart to the 10th power! Thank U!

    Penni: Thank U!!!

    Chanda: I am so honored!!! What a lovely gift to receive on today!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. congratulations,tabitha!
    wishing you more success in life,
    blessings for abundance
    sema

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is all so awesome! All that you do shines so much light into the world - what a gift you give!! May your life be richly blessed by God's grace and comfort...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations!!! You All So Inspire Me!!! Many Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Anniversay, Tabitha! You are such an inspiration and shining light. God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations, Tabitha! I'm so grateful to have found you and your work in blogland.

    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yay Tabitha! Congrats!!! Here's to many more years of uplifting the spirits of others! XO

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Anniversary Loveliness! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh Tabitha, how exciting! Here's a big "woohoo" for you, and congratulations! You HAVE made such a difference in so many people's lives. I hope you're so proud of yourself and your family.

    I wanted to let you know, too, that I'm running a giveaway on my blog for a free marbled journal I made. Come on over and enter if you want! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Tabitha!
    Congratulations! I am happy for you and all of your accomplishments. Thank you for spreading your love and light. Your every post inspires me. xoxo!

    ReplyDelete
  19. WOOT!! Congratulations!!! How exciting! And how wonderful for us. I know this next year will be awesome, too!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a great ministry to help others in need, kind of like Samaritan's Purse? I read Franklin Graham's autobiography, "Rebel With a Cause" and really liked it. There was a lot about this ministry that he started and I loved the "God Room" principle. If you haven't read this book, I highly recommend it.

    Congrats on your SITS day!

    ReplyDelete

You bless me with your presence! Tabitha♥

Total Pageviews