Gratitude - Day 19

 Life is short, and we have but little time to gladden the hearts of those who travel this way with us. Oh, be swift to love. Make haste to be kind. –Henri Frederic Amiel

When I was born my right leg was deformed, so at the tender age of nine months old it was amputated.  I grew up with what is called a stump (top part of my leg).  When I was 20 years old I broke my stump in a truly freak accident.  The doctors were afraid the bone would not heal properly and I'd end up confined to a wheelchair the rest of my life.

I am from a huge family of Catholic faith believers.  Every day of my life I watched my mom and grandma walk through their homes blessing it with Holy Water.  If someone was ill or in pain your head or point of pain was anointed with anointing oil.  When I broke my stump and thought I'd never walk again my mom anointed my stump and then prayed her belief that God would heal me.  Two weeks later doctors were baffled to see that my bone had healed back as if it had NEVER been broke!

That is when I to began to believe in the power of anointing oil.  Today I now know that in Jesus' time anointing oil was used rather often.  It's not so much anymore that I believe the anointing oil healed me, but my mother's faith.  I still use anointing oil to this day, but I know it is through my faith that I am being healed or blessed.  I believe my Father can do ANYTHING.  Although I do not deserve it I know he delights in answering our prayers.  Even if we are using a vessel that brings us comfort such as anointing oil.

Today I am grateful...

-my mother and grandma displayed such faith in their lives
-Our Lord delights in healing and blessing us
-my faith grows stronger and stronger with each new day
-I was healed and walked again




No comments:

Post a Comment

You bless me with your presence! Tabitha♥

Total Pageviews