Killing The Sugar Demon

All of my life I've been a sugar lover.  Candy, cakes, sugar filled drinks and whatever was sweet was my friend.  What I've recently learned is sugar (my so called buddy) stimulates food cravings!  I could not figure out why I would eat and while eating I'd be thinking of having seconds.  This has been my cycle for far too long.

For a few weeks now I had been noticing weird things with the foods I was eating.  Especially things like Crystal light ( has aspartame), and even watermelon.  In the middle of eating or drinking my brain would scream "I'm hungrier!"

After praying I decided it was time to walk away from sugar.  I'm no doctor nor expert, but I know what's right for me.  I'm into day four and what I've noticed is I'm thirstier throughout the day and I have tension in my neck.  Sleeping is a bit uneasy due to the tension, but I know this will pass.  I have been lactose intolerant and an IBS patient for many years.  Giving up sugar has decreased BOTH things dramatically.

I am in serious need of losing 50 pounds.  If I lose a little more that will be a blessed bonus, but for NOW 50 is my goal.  I want to rid myself of sleep apnea and simply just being uncomfortable in my own body.  Baby steps.  I'm not experiencing horrid side affects as many have.  I'm sure that has a great deal to do with God and nothing to do with me being this super fantastic warrior. :)

My daughter and I are currently reading a book called "A Course in Weight Loss: 21 Spiritual Lessons for Surrendering Your Weight Forever" by Marianne Williamson.  In her book Mrs Williamson stated that overeating is a form of self hatred (that blew me over).  She also suggests that we realize we do NOT have the ability to overcome "any" eating problem on our own.  We need to fully turn to and rely on God.  Reading this book has been life altering for both myself and Princess Charlie (who battles with weight issues as well).

I'm on this journey and there's no turning back.  Please pray for my daughter and I as we are truly determined to do things God's way.  By July 15, 2013 I will have reached my goal and hopefully I'll have learned some super cool new ways of truly living this life that I've been gifted!


Total Pageviews