Lemon Buttery Shrimp [4.28.12]

My family and I are true New Orleanians, so we LOVE shrimp
in any form.  I first cooked Shrimp Etouffee and the family devoured it.
We still had a great deal of shrimp to cook, so the idea came to me to
cook them in a butter sauce with a bit of lemon pepper.  So, here I am
sharing what I did with you!
 
Ingredients:
 
Shrimp
Rice
Butter
Lemon Pepper Seasoning
Oregano
Italian Seasoning
1 1/2 TBSP Garlic
Garlic Powder or Granulated
 
*Note*
I cook with 5 minute rice.  It's quick and there's NO WAY I can mess it up. lol
We are not big fans of regular butter.  We use Olivio's spray butter.
 
Directions for rice:
 
1. Prepare rice as directed
2. After rice is done add oregano, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning to rice

Directions for Shrimp and Sauce:

1. In a skillet melt 1 stick butter
2. Add in shrimp
3. As shrimp turn pink add garlic, parsley, salt and pepper
4. Add 1 TBSP flour (to thicken sauce)
 



No comments:

Post a Comment

You bless me with your presence! Tabitha♥

Total Pageviews