A Valuable Lesson [4.10.12]


There is more to life than increasing its speed    - Gandhi

For years now I've been encouraging my husband to "slow down."  He is always moving at warp speed and it shows in his eating and even in his driving.  Just the other morning he said, "Okay, I have to hurry and get there" and I immediately suggested he not hurry to get anywhere.  I suggested as he drove to work he could ask God to clear his path so he could make it there safely and in a timely fashion.  But to know surprise he proceeded like a bat out of hell. 

He called and sounded like a kid who had just gotten in trouble with his schoolteacher.  He said, "I'm on my way and I got to show you something."  I don't know why, but I knew what it would be.  He had gotten himself pulled over by SAPD for speeding.  Yep, my adorable speed demon was caught doing 55mph in a 35mph zone.

Every part of me wanted to scream and fuss about it, but I felt my spirit saying, "what's done is done and right now he needs you to build him up and not tear him down."  When he came into our home he looked very sad and worried, but I immediately put his worries to rest.  I repeated to him what my spirit said to me "what's done is done."  I hugged him and gave him a big kiss.  I did however, remind him of our conversation that morning of how he could pray and ask God to clear his path.

As he headed back to work he realized he had been depending more on his own ability than God's.  He instantly apologized to God and asked him to guide his path.  Since he's a strong believer in the Bible he knew God would watch over him as he's already promised.  He still has to pay the ticket, which is in the amount of $215, but what he learned from this experience - what he learned was far more valuable.


No comments:

Post a Comment

You bless me with your presence! Tabitha♥

Total Pageviews