As He Is [4.17.12]


As He is, so are we in this world. (1 John 4:17)

I first heard 1 John 4:17 preached by Joseph Prince in January 2012.  I had never read that verse in those exact words, because I was reading from a different version.  I missed the totality of what God was saying in that one verse.  After hearing it from Joseph Prince something within me was suddenly shaken.  It felt as if a new door had been opened and truth came rushing out.

The Bible teaches that God is Spirit and we were created in His image.  So it's safe to say that we are Spirit beings living inside of our bodies.  Learning this was also huge for me, because it took the limits off of who I truly was.  I am much more than a human being!

For a few years now my motto has been "I desire to look, live, love and behave like Jesus."  The truth of that statement was manifested in 1 John 4:17!  Jesus is dearly loved, adored, righteous, made whole, peaceful, joyful, blessed, prosperous, courageous, wise, healed, talented, successful, anointed, approved and chosen in the eyes of the Father.  Now here's the great news!  So are we!  In Jesus' life, death and resurrection we've been gifted this huge blessing of truth.

If you've ever questioned who you are in this world, if you've ever doubted your abilities, if you've ever been stuck in fear or worry you need only look to 1 John 4:17 for your answer.  EVERYTHING good about Jesus, EVERY single quality that He possesses, so do we in this world.  Not someday.  But RIGHT NOW.  Grab a hold to that with all of your might and watch your life change in supernatural ways!


No comments:

Post a Comment

You bless me with your presence! Tabitha♥

Total Pageviews