Shrimp Etoufee [6.7.12]

Shrimp Etouffee with Garlic Bread


I'm from New Orleans, so naturally when my family requested shrimp etouffee for dinner I just had to oblige.
I hope you'll give this dish a try, because it is indeed a winner in my book!!  Now, I use to make this with Tony Chachere's.  All the ingredients come in a box and all you add is your shrimp.  But I recently decided to try this dish from scratch and with God's help it was a big success in our home!

Ingredients Needed:

2 lbs shrimp (serves up to 5)                                1/4 cp flour with 1/2 cp water mixed
2 cups rice (cooked separately)                            1 TBSP minced Garlic
1/2 onion chopped
1/2 bell pepper chopped
1/3 cup tomato sauce (I used mushroom flavor by Ragu)
1 stick of butter (I used no calorie spray butter)

Directions:

In large skillet add shrimp, garlic, onion, bell pepper and butter
Add seasonings (I used onion powder, Cajun seasoning, and chili powder)
  -I eyeball all my seasonings
 -Let cook until shrimp start to turn pink, then
Add tomato sauce and flour/water mixture (the mixture helps thicken sauce)
Cook until you reach desired consistency (I cooked an additional 15 min)

I served this over rice and with garlic bread made with hoagie rolls, butter and garlic





Total Pageviews