3.29.12

Chicken & Biscuit Pot Pie

So, I'm a foodie and I'm not ashamed to admit it. :)
I found this recipe on Youtube and knew instantly I would be making this very soon.
I'm a huge chicken pot pie lover, but I dislike the frozen ones sold in supermarkets.  So, being able to have home made truly made me feel joyous and I wanted to share it with you all!

Items Needed:
Chicken breast or thighs (amount depends on how much you wish to make)
Veggies (I used peas, corn, onion and carrots)
2 Chicken bouillon cubes (if u have the powered you can use that as well)
10oz can of cream of chicken
10oz can of cream of mushroom
2 cans of flaky biscuits (also depends on how big your pan will be)

Steps:
1. in skillet brown chicken
2. when chicken is half done add onion
3. when onions are half way done add in veggies (frozen or canned)
if using frozen veggies put top on skillet to trap moisture, so veggies can cook fully.
4. add chicken bouillon cubes and both cream of chicken and mushroom
you can use cream of celery or potato as substitutes.
5. reduce heat and simmer for another 10 to 15 mins
6. while food is simmering pre-heat oven to 375 degrees
7. Place pot pie mixture in baking pan, then add biscuits to top
8. Bake for 25 mins

Here's the finished product!


No comments:

Post a Comment

You bless me with your presence! Tabitha♥

Total Pageviews