A Message Well Received

This is from my archives. When I first started blogging here and had NO readers. LOL
Hope You Enjoy!

October 19, 2008


I woke up today to watch Joel Osteen as I do every Sunday morning. In no way was my so-called disability on my mind. For the majority of my life I've lived as if I were NEVER born disabled. Joe's sermon was titled "Living A No Excuses Life."
All of my life I was taught that my disability was due to my dad's drug use, but today Joel read this from the bible and I knew it was God's way of putting the lies to rest.
In John 9:3
As Jesus passed by he saw a man, which was blind from his birth. And his disciples asked him, saying, Master who did sin this man, or his parents, that he was born blind?
Jesus answered, neither this man sinned nor his parents: but that the works of God should be made manifest in him.

At that moment another part of my life was laid to rest. I rejoice in knowing I was made just as "My Father" wanted me to be. Joel said, "You don't have to be perfect for God to use you." I am LIVING PROOF of this!
I've never gone through life saying I Couldn't do something. Yes, there have been moments when I talked myself out of making a bold move, but in the end I've done it. WOW! I never saw this message coming today and I truly wish I could fully describe how I feel. Through Joel God told me that no one should ever again blame my dad. He is my creator and he knew exactly what he was doing. He knew my path and he uses me to do his work, which I adore. But, there is SO much more to come.

I am grateful for this morning and am looking forward to what this evening holds within it! ☺


"Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos into order, confusion to clarity...Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow."
- Melody Beattie

3 comments:

  1. Happy New Year, Tabby! Another beautiful post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How things change my friend. Of course your infinite brightness and inspiration attracted us all to your blog like desert dwellers to an oasis! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great post to start off the new year. Many more blessings to you in 2009!

    ReplyDelete

You bless me with your presence! Tabitha♥

Total Pageviews